Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jeremy!

Today, my handsome husband turns 33. Finally! The man is 3 years younger than I am for five whole months out of the year and never lets me forget it :)

We celebrated by playing in the pool today with Morgan. Our little guy is gaining so much confidence--he is finally wearing his life jacket without a full meltdown and has learned to jump from the top step of the hot tub into Daddy's waiting arms.

Jeremy prepared the most amazing burgers tonight--stuffed with bacon and cheese, covered in some spicy chipotle glaze...they were miraculous. I think we have found the perfect burger!

For his birthday, I made old fashioned short cakes with mixed berries and Grand Marnier. So yummy with whipped cream! Jeremy is no fan of cake so we always make some fruit filled dessert on his birthday.

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!

* * *
Today is also Memorial Day, and I couldn't go without remembering my dear friend Michael McInnis who died in Iraq in 2008. I miss you, my friend.

2 comments:

Doug Chiarello said...

That outfit looks mighty familiar.

Happy B-Day, buddy.

Now go make me one of those burgers.

Laura said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! Dude, if he makes burgers like that, you'll stay with him forever!!!! (Like how I assess marriage based on food?)