Thursday, June 11, 2009

Looking forward to getting away

It's been a few weeks of ups and downs and I am looking forward to getting away for 2 days with my girl friends.

Morgan and I are hanging with the girls on Friday night and My mom will have the little guy Saturday... and I will be able to laugh, relax, and feel more like Jen and less like Mommy.

Morgan's tantrums have been tough to take--this alternating between the sweetest baby ever and a little monster wears me out. With J working so much I find myself (and sometimes poor Claire) bearing the brunt of the little guy's drama! If something isn't exactly the way he wants it there is a BIG meltdown. This happens to all two years olds! Sometimes Jeremy and I laugh when his fits are just too funny and sometimes he pushes all of our buttons and we have to count to ten.

Of course when J is home--he is awesome enough to handle bath time and bed time...the things he misses most when he works at night. Oh yes indeed, I am blessed by my husband. His sweet nature makes a huge difference, calming everyone around.

Today my little guy woke up happy go lucky, asking for "Jack" (Jack's big music show) and singing along through bites of cheerios and milk. He loves eating a bowl of cereal just like Mommy, but still needs help with the spoon because of the slippery cereal so I enjoy feeding him...something he rarely needs me to do but seems to enjoy.

I took him to pre-school around ten to see him smiling and happy to see his friends. He gave me a cheery little kiss and wave. Now I am waiting patiently for playground time to be over so that I can pick him up. He get's pretty grumpy when I try to haul him off the playground these days. Typical boy!

2 comments:

Doug Chiarello said...

Boys will be boys!

All familiar scenes from past episodes with Tinsae.

Have a great weekend and have fun watching Jack.

James and Melissa said...

Have a great weekend! I will need some tips from you about boys! :)