Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer Traveling Bug

Since my last post was pretty much a downer, I thought that I would take a moment to talk about some things that I am excited about this month.

Morgan and I are flying to Dallas next weekend to visit one of my best Army buds! My friend Zee is one of my favorite people in the world and I cannot wait to see her! Plus, my mom is driving up to baby sit on Saturday so I get a real "girls night out". Havent' had one of those in a very long while! I keep picturing myself with a frosty cocktail and an outfit without greasy little handprints on it.

At the end of the month, we are headed to the Jersey shore for a week with J's family. I've never been--and the weather looks like it will be a bit frosty for me to get out in a suit. I bit the bullet and got a one piece "mommy suit". SIGH SIGH SIGH. I have super toned arms from hefting the little one...but the rest is a bit squishy as mommy doesn't spend weekends hiking and jogging anymore. Although...Jeremy is promising me a hiking trip to compensate for a week in a beach house with 9 people and one bathroom. (I have issues with sharing small spaces...especially bathrooms. Part of my weirdness!)

I think it would be great fun to do a bit of hiking and camping. We will need to head north away from the rattle snakes for sure!

2 comments:

James and Melissa said...

It sounds like you have some fun things planned. Rattlesnakes..yikes! Also, your trip to the Jersey shore sounds great. Don't you just love traveling? If you want to go hiking, you should come out to CO again. :) I can still do some hiking but not like I used to!

Kelli said...

I really wish I were travelling more this summer. I just worry about with Aiden being so young. The beach sounds like fun!