Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just Say Yes!

So um...since we've been parents something has definitely changed in our social lives. The truth is, we've gone from the couple who goes out every weekend and some week nights to those people that actually know what day shows come on TV and rarely leave the house.

We've talked about it--why don't our child free friends want to hang out?? Who wouldn't love a toddler friendly dinner complete with Morgan spitting his food back on the plate as a grand finale? It's a far cry from trendy restaurant life and cocktails! Heck...even the time I volunteered to do a hash run with one of Jeremy's friends didn't pan out. For three hours I ran around the desert thinking...I should be home...I should be home...

It's not that parents don't want to have fun. We do! It's just that our social networks need to change and it is rather hard to meet parents because we are all...well...at HOME.

So this month I am saying "Yes". Ask me out and I will go!

It's actually working--Morgan and I have gone to see Dora the Explorer with my dear friend Sue Ann and her son Andrew. I've had dinner and a movie out with the girls--Kate and Leslie. Last night we accepted an invitation for cocktails with another friend who is growing her own business...and even brought the little guy. I even hosted a playdate for our international adoption play group :)

It is possible to have a life after children. You have to work at it....so just say YES!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love him so much!!!! He is sooo cute and looking very mischievous over the top of that pillow. Say hello from Nana.

Laura said...

Did you write this for me?? Seriously. Great post! :)

James and Melissa said...

Sounds good. I'm going to have to remember this!

Kelli said...

Yes, I need to do this more often!

Ali & JJ said...

I gotta agree with you on how addidng children to your family seems to decrease the total number of your single friedns. Not on purpose, but it does happen! We are finding that we long for some friendships with other young families like us.