Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tantrums

The little guy had quite a day yesterday.

We were taking J's mom to brunch before her flight left and Morgan decided that he didn't want to leave the house. He started yelling "No No No" and running back into our bedroom slamming doors behind him. I cracked up laughing as J's mom (with a smile on her face) politely knocked on the back door and asked if she could come in. Morgan opened the door a crack and yelled "No" and slammed it shut again. This went on a few times until we managed to get him out to the car (with his consent) and into the car seat.

At the restaurant, he had definitive ideas about how things should go--snatching food off of my plate and J's even though he had the same items on his own. When I tried to hand him a spoon he swatted at me and continued with the "No No No"

This went on all day. Ugh. Mr Cranky pants finally took a nap at 4:30pm....perhaps the meanness finally exhausted him? I was threatening to use his bottom lip as a drink coaster it stuck out so far!

We put him to bed for the night at 8:00 and he has been Mr. Sunshine this morning...???
I took him to school today so that I could clean the house...but I almost want to nap all day.

4 comments:

Jenny @ Another Jennifer Speaks said...

Hi. Was just surfing around some other blogs and I came across yours. I really like it. It's designed nicely too. I think I'll bookmark you for daily reading.

If you're interested, I have a bloggy directory for mommies. You can find the linky on my bloggy, I won't spam you with it. LOL

So yea, till I return!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, tantrums. Fun! Phoebe had a lot of those around Morgan's age and they tended to last awhile. They have gotten less and less and MUCH shorter since then. But we still have our "days." It can be so exhausting. I think we need to see a bottom lip pic :). That sounds pretty cute.

Kelli said...

Ah tantrums....I feel those could be in our not so distant future...sigh

Laura said...

Ah, the infamous "No!" Good times!I really hope you took a nap and passed on the cleaning!!!!