Monday, June 1, 2009

No Photos...Sorry Mom!

I am a loser. No one will ever accuse me of being that girl with a camera at the ready on any given occasion.

Last weekend we attended my baby brother's high school graduation in the Texas Hill Country...and I did not shoot a single photo.

Morgan had such a great time on the trip. He was a trooper throughout the flight and hour long drive from Austin. He cheerfully stayed up past his bed time every single night and actually slept until 9:45am on Saturday. He played with his 4 little cousins--Alex (short for Alexandra), Maddie, Taylor, and Kloe (my sister and her creative spelling) every day.

The funniest part of the weekend came when Alex and Taylor were playing a video game and Morgan had a little steering wheel from the Wii. He thought he was driving and cracked us all up shouting "go Go!" at the little cars on the screen.

We caught up with some great friends from the Army and Morgan did a bit of "bar hopping" ie had a beer at the bar at Applebee's one night. He was a hit with the bar tender and waitresses. We taught him to slap the bar and he tried to say "Bartender" (just kidding!)

Morgan also met two of his great Grandparents--which was so cool! My parents are young and I have known almost all of my grandparents/great grandparents and love it that there are still some surviving family members for Morgan to meet.

The only sad part is that we missed Kristin from Adoption Patience :( We've visited almost every time that I 've been in Austin over the past two years and I had truly been looking forward to hanging out. Now that Morgan is almost two I couldn't wait to see our kids play!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I know! I'm a total loser...I'm so bummed that we missed you, and I totally meant to email you yesterday. You know know that goes...

The garage sale went well, but we got our asses kicked. And by "we", I mean "me". I was up at 5:30AM, and we didn't wrap up until about 3ish. Dead tired... We did make a couple hundred though!! Yay!! Sounds like you guys had a blast!!

We definitely won't miss you next time around!!! :)

Laura said...

I sometimes totally miss out on taking photos when I'm too busy or having too much fun. It happens.

So glad Morgan is joining my kids with the drinking skillz! Makes me feel better. :)