Sunday, May 11, 2008

First Mother's Day



I've been a mother for two weeks, now...
What can I say? When we lost our baby girl in 2005 I never dreamed that our road to parenthood would lead us to a beautiful little boy in Vietnam. I am grateful with all of my heart to be his mom. It's worth losing sleep, going to dinner with baby food crusted on my clothes, and giving up life as I know it to take care of him.
Jeremy treated me to high tea today at the Sofitele Metropole hotel to celebrate my first Mother's Day. They had a CHOCOLATE buffet...I kid you not. HOORAY! I also got a new outfit at a Hanoi boutique and 2 hours of my very own to shop....who knew that would be so incredible after being joined to the little guy day and night?
The only dark shadow on the day is my thoughts for all of the moms out there still waiting to bring their babies home. I cannot wait to see it happen for all of you! There is no way to describe that moment when you see your baby for the first time...it is the sweetest, most welcome sight in the whole world.
Adopted moms fight so hard to bring their babies home...I just remember this weakness in my knees when I first saw Morgan in the orphanage. I kept thinking "my baby...my baby."
Many people tell me that Morgan is lucky.
No way. I am the lucky one. I will never stop being grateful to Vietnam for giving me my son.



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Jen!
xoxo

kristin said...

happy mother's day to you! what a beautiful post... thank you for that.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!

Kristin said...

What a sweet post, Jen... Happy Mother's Day to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day!!!!

Jess and Paul said...

I am right there with you. Happy mother's day!

Leslie & Shaune said...

beautiful post.
have a wonderful mother's day. morgan is a true blessing.

Kelli said...

Such a sweet post- I have tears in my eyes! Happy Mother's day!

Kelly said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, you are one of the most deserving mothers I have ever met and I am glad you are enjoying yourself today! You earned it!
Love Ya!

Cheryl

Emily said...

so sweet.
happy, happy mothers day! it is the best, huh???!

Vietnam Adventures said...

We hope to be traveling soon. Do they always have a chocolate buffet? I am a true choco-holic and would love to go there!!
Mary

Alix said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! You look so happy. :)

James and Melissa said...

It is so wonderful to see you holding Morgan on Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Laura said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jen!!! What a great post. You are right about being lucky. I can't get over how lucky I feel. A chocolate buffet? Seriously? As if I need another reason to go back to VN!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you got to spend mother's day with Morgan. Its wonderful to see you all together. Have safe travels home.