Monday, May 12, 2008

We've got Morgan's VISA!



Not sure about the random expression on our faces...but that is Morgan and I on Mother's day enjoying the decadence that was the ALL CHOCOLATE BUFFET....perhaps 2 seconds before the waist line of my skirt exploded??


To answer a question--the Sofitele has the buffet every day of the week except for one. You will have to call to find out what day that would be--I heard it from another family that went on the day that it was closed. For 15.00 you have the pleasure of enjoying tea/coffee and gorging on chocolate between the hours of 3 and 5.


We had our visa appointment today--rather anti-climatic as this marks the end of our journey. Jeremy and I will begin the voyage home with our little man tomorrow. Greg and Peter...if you are reading this...we will need a ride home :)


As for me, I cannot wait to get back so that Morgan and I can enjoy his rocking chair and his stroller. He will be much easier to feed when he isn't squirming around on our laps and also easier to schlep around in a comfy stroller. With the heat and humidity you truly do bond to your child by carrying them in a sling in VN...most of the time I swear we were one big sticky sweaty person!


I am also ready to grocery shop for lots of fresh fruits and veggies. To stay safe, we stuck to a lot of starchy foods here...and it totally made me crave what I could not have enough of in the last 2 weeks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that all is going well and that soon you will be on your way home! Morgan is absolutely adorable and looks like a pure joy! Have a safe trip home!

Laura said...

Great! Have a safe trip home. You guys look wonderful.

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Morgan has a Visa!! WOO HOOIE! I'm so glad that you will soon be on your way home with your little man. Congrats!

Kristin said...

I can't believe it's time for you to come home already! The last two weeks have FLOWN by, at least for me. :-) Hope you guys have a safe and very quick trip home!

Anonymous said...

I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU, MORGAN AND JEREMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE YOU WHEN YO GET HERE.
P.S.BRYTTANEY SAID SHE CAN BABYSITT WHEN EVER
LOVE BRYTT,TAY-TAY,KYNS AND IVONNE

Kelli said...

Congrats on the Visa and on finding the chocolate buffet! Hope you have a safe, uneventful trip home!

Alix said...

Congrats on the visa! Have a safe journey home! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Have a safe trip back and let us know when you are all settled in. If you haven't left yet, bring home some currency with Uncle Ho's picture on it. Talk to you soon.

James and Melissa said...

I am so happy that you had a wonderful trip and are now on your way home!! Have a safe journey! :)